12.25.2017

It's Christmas DAY// Jesus's Birthday + Gatherings //12DOC









M E R R Y   C H R I S T M A S !!!!!!!! 

t o d a y
f a m i l y 
g a t h e r 
f e a s t i n g 
j o y

These words come to my mind when I think of this day so filled with love and laughter
The opening of the presents. The look of legit happiness on everyone's faces. 
The amazing Christmas story read from Luke chapter two.
Celebrating the most G L O R I O U S  day this world has ever known (besides Easter) 

What an amazing experience to see! What wonder to behold. The awe I'm sure Mary felt holding that babe, knowing that He is the Son of God. 


T H E   D A Y 
let me give you a brief look into my Christmas morning :D
So  promptly at 7 o'clock one of my ecstatic siblings ( i have five of them,) pounds on my door yelling for me to get out of my bed cause.... it's time to open up the gifts!
(And yes i do realize that 7 isn't very early in the morning..... but when you are a night owl like this one and may have stayed up *ahem*  wayyyyyy into the wee hours of the morning the night before binge watching hallmark movies, it really does feel like How can anyone even function at this hour????
But after a few cups of coffee I soon felt rejuvenated enough to start into the stack of gifts....
s h o u t o u t to my legit awesome fam for knowing me so well..
*happy dance* Cause I got B O O K S
(Now please excuse me while I being to explore my new reads)

_____________________________________________



Also this is how i feel about snow on Christmas day. Because duh why wouldn't you want to have lovely white things falling our of the sky :D (sorry for your loss all you Southern states) *me weeping for you*


C O N T E M P L A T I O N S 

         
          "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
  All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
  He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.  
And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.  
He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.  
Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors." 
Isaiah 53:5‭-‬12 KJV

I memorized this chapter in fourth grade and it stuck with me ever since.  What amazes me is that  t h e s e  v e r s e s  
 w e r e    w r i t t e n   h u n d r e d s  o f  
y e a r s  b e f o r e   t h e  b i r t h  o f 
C H R I S T !!! 
Isn't that just astounding! That the prophet Isaiah wrote this down long before Jesus came to this earth to s a v e
a n d  r e d e e m  u s. Pretty cool right!


THE CHRISTMAS STORY

This chapter is being read across America today.  This is the promise of God being fulfilled. The cry of the Jews being heard. This babe is Jesus. THE SAVIOR OF THE WORLD.

And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
Luke 2:8-10

Wow! Aren't those verses legit beautiful and amazing. It never gets old. Honestly I urge you all to read the rest of the chapter. 

EMANUEL
God with us.

Messiah

SAVIOR

REDEEMER 

LIGHT OF THE WORLD

LAMB OF GOD

BREAD OF  L I F E 

These are only a few of Jesus's names.
But how beautiful they are.
How utterly small and insignificant we are compared to HIM.
He who holds the world and time in his hands.

So as this year comes to a close I want to spend the last of it giving
G L O R Y & P R A I S E   to the King of the WORLD!!!!! 

(Also for whom it may concern. If you would like to know some random facts about me I finally got my bio written) so if you want to stalk me, now's your chance 😉


MERRY CHRISTMAS
WHAT ARE SOME THINGS YOU ARE THANKFUL FOR THIS CHRISTMAS?  WHAT WAS YOUR MOST FAVORITE GIFT THAT YOU GOT?

11 comments:

  1. Yes,Luke 8:-10 reminds us all what today is really about. Love the picture of you. Merry Christmas Janelle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Christmas Day post, Janelle! Thanks so much for participating in the party. Fav gift? Probably the laptop from my parents. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a lovely Christmas, Janelle!
    I had a lot of fun reading all of your Christmas posts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a message. It really means a lot to me! I’ll try and respond to each and every on of them.

Instagram