10.25.2018

RAW


Why is it that we always compare ourselves to others. often People use the phrase “be original” or just “be yourself

 but who am I? What am I? 


Some days I feel like a strong valiant woman, capable of taking the world on. And then I am around someone who is so much more bold, fearless and confident than me.. and the doubt and unworthiness comes back like an unwanted friend. 

Confidence is something that can not be “gained” by being like others. You can’t try and mold yourself to peoples personality’s. It’s so easy to compare and feel less than and inadequate. 
I’ve struggled with this quite a lot. 
The feeling or pressure to “be a certain way” or act differently. To be STRONG, and Know exactly what I want in life.. my beliefs, be  different and bold. 

I don’t really have words to tell you how to change or stop these feeling. Because often I don’t know myself. I just want to tell you that you ARE strong, you are courageous and fearless. 
Your Strength, Courage, and Bravery is beautiful. But It’s uniquely your own. We are all strong. Just in different ways. So why try and measure up to someone else's personality. 

There will always be people who’s vibrant and outgoing zeal can intimidate you. Just stop. Have courage in who God created you to be. 

ps. also look up the song THIS IS ME, From the movie The Greatest Showman

8 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, and YES! So very true! Thank you for sharing these thoughts! <3
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this is really good. thank you for writing this. isnt it so intersting how everyone is trying to find security in eachother when, all we honestly need to do is look at Jesus for our strength and substance.
    this is so relatable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janelle this is so true! We need to look to our Heavenly Father He is the light, He is our Strength, What a great Post!💕

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok. That sentence, "Confidence is not something that can be gained by being like others" just, like, hit me between the eyes. And has totally changed my perspective. And thank you for this, because this struggle with confidence is something I absolutely *get*. <3 You have nailed it once again. :) -Sharla

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so good!! Thank you so much for writing this!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a message. It really means a lot to me! I’ll try and respond to each and every on of them.

Instagram