10.17.2018

7 OF MY ALL TIME FAVORITE SONGS 


Last week I shared with you Music is a Glimpse into the Soul and I’m here today with some of my personal favorites <3 <3 
Some of them are happy fun songs, others are deep heartfelt ones, while yet others express joy and Triumph..  and all of them are amazing. DON'T ASK ME TO PICK A FAVORITE, BECAUSE I COULDN'T... EVER.
[btw. I linked the titles to Apple Music so you can check them out as you go] 


LIVE IT WELL by switchfoot 
I feel that this song is a sort of anthem for me. Life is so fleeting you know, and some days we forget what a gift it is to simply be able to wake up and live another day. It’s a reminder to me to live each moment with purpose and joy.
“Life is short I wanna live it well, one life one story to tell, life is short I wanna live it well, and your the one I’m living for. Awaken oh my soul. EVERY BREATH YOU TAKE IS A MIRACLE. Life is short I wanna live it well” 
THIS IS HOME by switchfoot (I really like this band in case you haven’t noticed) XD XD
When I hear this song I always remember listening to it as my plane landed back in the USA. I had been literally across the world for nearly a month. & I can’t express how amazing it felt to be back “home”
this is home, now I’m finally where I belong, yeah this is home, I’ve been searching for a place of my own, and now I’m finally home”
A MILLION DREAMS  by the cast of the greatest showman 
This song. This song. This song. 
“Cause every night I lie in bed, the brightest colors fill my head. A million dreams are keeping me awake. I think of what the world could be, a vision of the one I see, a million dreams is all it’s going to take. For the world we’re going to make.” 
Ughh someone help. Never give up on your dreams. They are beautiful and unique 
This is more or less of my “summer please stay forever” song. It makes me think of beaches and hot sunny days. 
“I can’t stop thinking about the sand in my feet, I’ve got a heartache cause cold ain’t for me. I wish my worries would crash into the sea, cause it’s far to cold darling, cold ain’t for me.”
I usually agree with this song when I see that it’s -40 outside and there’s 5 feet of snow on the ground.
CRAZY by patsy cline 

okay yes i admit it. im a sucker for 50's music. Frank Sinatra anyone?!?!? 
Ahhhh where to begin. This whole album is gold. Perfect for the long toad trips. Turn the windows down and the music up & sing along with these timeless songs  ;) :) 


AMEN by For King and Country 
Obviously ALL OF FOR KING AND COUNTRY’S songs are the besttttt. It’s a fine fine life, Ceasefire, Burn this ships and Priceless are just a few of their spectacular songs <3   Honestly I couldn’t pick a favorite. 
Yeah okay so this is a good song to blast in the car, with your arms out the window, and the summer breeze blowing in your face!! 

I AM YOURS  by Lauren Daigle 
This song .This album. This artist. There is so much in the words of this song. It is choosing to cling to God when things get bad and say, yes Lord bring it on cause with you, I CAN NOT FAIL.
“So let the waters rise, I will stand as the oceans roar, let the earth shake beneath me, let the mountains fall, you are God over this storm and now I am yours” 
“I am forever covered in your blood, so let the rain fall”

there is so much peace and worship in this album. i can not begin to tell you how many times I've been refreshed and lifted up by these songs.
So these are my current fav songs to listen too.  On repeat. All the time. lolo so check them out and maybe one of them will become a new favorite for you!
WHICH OF THESE ARE YOUR FAVORITE? AND WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN LISTENING TO ON REPEAT RECENTLY?!?
SHARE IT BELOW !!! <3 <3 <3

10 comments:

  1. I love listening to music! I haven't heard some of these before, but I LOVE Lauren Daigle's songs! One of hers that is my favorite is "Trust in You."
    Great post!!!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Million Dreams is such a good song! (I haven’t seen The Greatest Showman, though....)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loveeeeee that song ;)
      Personally I think that the songs are way better than the movie

      Delete
  3. I Am Yours by Lauren Daigle is like so legit!😍 Yes, she is one of my favorites too! I Also like that new song that she wrote called Rise Up.... or something? I have never seen the Greatest Showman, I saw the preview though, I would like to see it, is it good?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have good taste! There are a couple there I haven't heard before, so I'll have to check them out. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love Lauren Daigle's songs! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. OHHHH i love these songs! esp Switchfoot. ahhhh they are so good!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a message. It really means a lot to me! I’ll try and respond to each and every on of them.

Instagram