8.16.2018

LOL WHEN YOU LOVE SOMETHING YOUR BAD AT



I’ve never been great at drawing or really cool hand writing, yet i find myself drawn to both of those activities. i recently bought a journal bible anddd wow did that ever make notice my lack of artistic skills. several times i caught  myself thinking that perhaps i should just stop. my writing is messy. sometimes i misspell words *yuck spelling* LOL 

   We don’t have to be the best at everything. It’s okay. My watercolor “art” needs a lot of help. but that doesn't mean that i cant enjoy painting. i love cultivating  my creative side, even though most of the time at least 2 or 3 papers end in the trash before im satisfied with the results. Just because we weren't born with amazing art skills doesn't mean that we cant ever draw or paint... Why put ourselves in that box? 

me. looks at pinterest version.. looks at my copy 

Its okay not to be perfect at absolutely everything, practice, practice, practice is the key. but be comfortable being you. perfection is overrated.
"admire someone else's creativity without questioning your own" 
DUDEEE You are unique. your creativity is awesome. 
 don't let the fear of not being perfect stop you from expressing your own creativity! don't ruin your dreams and art. say no to the lies you hear and write down the things you've been afraid to do. 

WHAT MAKES YOU FEEL LIKE CREATING? 
TWO WORDS THAT DESCRIBE YOU 
P.S should i do a post about how i Journal/studdy  in my bible

20 comments:

  1. Ooo I love your watercolor art! And I really want to get a bible with large margins for coloring... do you like yours?? Great post! Everyone's creativity is different, that's what makes it creative! :)
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you ☺️
      Ughhh yess I love my bible so much! U should totally get one ✨

      Delete
  2. I think I gave up on a lot of the things I wasn't good at so you're doing great by keeping up with it! This is a really thought inspiring post. The idea of loving something you aren't good is going to be something I will be thinking of! <3

    www.itssimplyme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly I’ve not been that constant with it.. haha mostly when fall comes around and my days aren’t to busy I’m like OHhh painting haha
      Thank YOU girl!!!!

      Delete
  3. You're not great at art? LIES. Girl, your painting is so pretty!! And I'm with you with messy handwriting and misspelled words, but that's just a part of my aesthetic. ;D

    Amazing post, it would be so boring if our art was all the same. 💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww tears!
      You are so sweet!!!
      MESSY HAND WRITING ALL THE WAYYYYYY
      <33 I find it so beautiful to see the unique designs and ideas that every individual has 🙌🏼
      Thank you for the lovely comment ;)

      Delete
  4. YES, this post is exactly how I feel towards everything drawing and painting and all that artsy stuff! I also like your watercolors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so a perfectionist too! I always what my letters to be just perfect when really No one is perfect But God. I am like always trying to be great at something or copy someone else work I am throwing out like ten pieces of paper it is that bad Lol😂 your post really hit home for me Janelle.❤

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um, your watercolor and hand-lettering was BEAUTIFUL. I'd love to be able to do that! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UMM thanks girl!!!
      Dude you could totally paint if you want to.. cause like if i can do it SO CAN YOU! also this is me after two years of 'practicing' so anything is possible with practice and time XD XD
      thank you for the lovely comment

      Delete
  7. OH My goodness this is something that i needed to hear today <33 thank you so much!!
    you are srly not alone in this cause #meeee lololol i can list off a dozen talents i wish i had been born with, but that i dont have...
    thank you for this inspiring post.
    and the inspiring words

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so inspiring!!!
    LOVE THIS SO MUCH!
    Two words that describe me are probably Adventuresome and Artistic if im being completely honest..
    thanks for the words XD XD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl, your art is so much better than mine will ever be!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this post so much! And yes I would totally love to see a post on bible journaling. Yours always looks so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved this post!!! So encouraging!! For me instead of drawing and art (which I'm not really good at) its more of singing, I LOVE singing, but I don't really have the best singing voice. I try not to mind and still sing anyways, but still wish I could sing a little better.. Anyways, I love your watercolors, they are so cute!! Don't you just love watercolors? Their my fav!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a message. It really means a lot to me! I’ll try and respond to each and every on of them.

Instagram