8.30.2018

TAKE TIME TO REST


Honestly life isn’t always perfect. Sometimes I feel like everyone else around me is getting to go off and do these amazing incredible things. They have opportunities to grow and experience life. Or some big change is happening to them.... etc.
And I begin to feel discontented with where I am in life.
Right now I have no plans.. I’m not planning any crazy trips anywhere or starting collage or even having a cool job... LOL (I 
work as a part time secretary) 





But here's the thing i became so caught up in feeling sorry for myself that I forgot all the incredible things that surround my day to day life. I forgot to rest. 

  • 1)Rest that It’s all going to work out. That life never the same for long. So enjoy the season that God has you in rn 


  • 2)Something is always changing and later you’ll look back and think “wow those were good days” 
So I’ve been trying to appreciate the little moments in life—Holding my baby sister. music and long car rides. Sunsets. Binge watching The Office. Laughing with my brother... long phone calls with my bestie.. FaceTiming with cousins..  

life doesn’t always have to be full of excitement and new things to be beautiful. Every. Day. Is. A. New. Adventure.  A blank page waiting to be written on. i mean how awesome and cool is that!!! Words. Conversations. Relationships. You can’t go about life waiting for the “fun times” to come. because of you do that you end up missing so many fantastic things.

SO HOW ARE YOU ALL?
IN A SENTENCE, WHAT DOES REST MEAN TO YOU
ps. honestly this was a major struggle for me.. and still is sometimes. but my happiness and value  is not found in the high times of life. its the day to day pleasures that bring the most  joy 

16 comments:

  1. SO. MUCH. YES. to this!!!!! <3 This is stuff I have to remind myself of way too often and I love the way you put it into words like this. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, this post is so good! So true and real! To me, resting is not getting caught up in all the craziness of life, and finding peace that lasts the toughest storms.
    -Brooklyne <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand where you are coming from when you say these things! But I do think that when things change we can reflect and see how good things were. LOVELY POST!

    Simply Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Now that school's started, rest can be hard to come by these days. Great reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this reminder to take time to rest! I really need it, what with school and such.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ughhh yesss starting school can be super Chaotic 🙈

      Delete
  6. What a great reminder Janelle, Sometimes we get so cought up in the craziness of this world that we don't even take time to rest, and we are so worried about what will happen tomorrow instand of thinking God for today. Right now I am going though troubled waters and so worried about a lot of things. I know God is in control and what ever plans He has for My life I am sure are great plans.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww i love this !!!
    ive been swamped with school starting & all that jazz XD
    i been needing this reminder lol i tend to go a little crazy scheduling school stuff..
    thanks for the great post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heyyyyy dude you are so kind XD
      Also ikr!! School stuff can be SUPER overwhelming at the beginning of the school year 🤦‍♀️

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a message. It really means a lot to me! I’ll try and respond to each and every on of them.

Instagram