11.04.2017

Novemberrrrrr


And so summer gives way to fall, and fall lose its self to winter.
October went by like a flash for me *looks at the calendar wondering and doesn't understand how the month went by so fast*  
So here's a short recap of the last 31 days  and the books I've read this month! 



October Recap:
I don't know about every one else but I've been sooooo overwhelmed with school! This is my last year of highschool * YAY for 12th grade* and it is honestly the most challenging year so far. (Probably because I have a millon other things that I'm trying to do at the same time) But I am enjoying it. I have quite a few subjects that I love.
    Also October was my birthday * cue me blowing out 18 candles*  gahhh I can hardly belive that I am 18 already. Like how did life go by so fast. Haha 
It really was a great month. I got to hang out with a lot of my cousins, which is REALLY awesome, cause I have cool cousins 😁😁 anddddd i just love October in general because come on guys CHIA LATTES & FALL COLORED LEAVES *heart eyes*
 Anyway you don't want to hear about me so let's go ahead and skip to the fun part...

B O O K S 
 Ahhh yess my obsession... 

Is it bad that I can't remember all the titles of the books I've read this month?!?!?!?
 Actually  it's probably a good thing..haha cause this post might get reallllllyyyyyy longgggggg  and rambley *wonders to self if rambley is a word or not* 

So I narrowed it down to 4 books.
enjoy 

_______

BIOGRAPHIES


Sundar Singh
By  Janet & Geoff Benge


(Exerp from book)
As Sundar preached the gospel to the crowd, the monastery guard marched forward and arrested him. Sundar was dragged to the edge of town and hurled to the bottom of an abandoned well. The air was putrid. Desperation and loneliness soon washed over him. Left to die, Sundar leaned against the side of the well and began to pray. 

Searching since boyhood for the way to God, Sundar Singh found truth in Jesus Christ. At sixteen, the former Sikh became a Christian sadhu, or holy man, and at great risk devoted his life to Christ. With bare feet and few possessions, Sundar crossed the precarious Himalayas between India and Tibet many times, sharing the gospel with Hindus, Buddhists, Sikhs -- even thieves. 

As he traveled, Sundar constantly read the Bible, prayed, and meditated, confident that God was always with him, even in the face of death. Preaching in Asia, Europe, and as far away as America, this Indian saint impacted thousands with his quiet yet bold words and actions.


Where to begin???? This book is amazing. I will repeat that again. THIS BOOK IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!
Pleas read it.
It will convict you.
Inspire you.
Grip you.
Fill you with an Awe for the God we serve.

I really don't have anymore words to say except that you are missing out on something quite life changing if you don't read this book.
To purchase this life changing bok
______

FICTION

Counted with the stars
By Connilyn Cossette




Sold into slavery by her father and forsaken by the man she was supposed to marry, young Egyptian Kiya must serve a mistress who takes pleasure in her humiliation. When terrifying plagues strike Egypt, Kiya is in the middle of it all. 

To save her older brother and escape the bonds of slavery, Kiya flees with the Hebrews during the Great Exodus. She finds herself utterly dependent on a fearsome God she's only just beginning to learn about, and in love with a man who despises her people. With everything she's ever known swept away, will Kiya turn back toward Egypt or surrender her life and her future to Yahweh?


This was defiantly time well spent. 
The plot and dialog were stellar 👌
While not a deep and thought provoking  book, it was quite enjoyable and fun to read 😁😁 

Buy a copy of this book here


_____
Gods and Kings 
By Lynn Austin 



Gods and Kings is the story of King Hezekiah, heir to the throne of King David. When his evil father plots to sacrifice him, Hezekiah’s mother, Abijah, searches frantically for a way to save him. But only two men can help her, and neither of them seems trustworthy. In a time and place engulfed by violence, treachery, and infidelity to Yahweh, Abijah and her son must discover the one true Source of strength if they are to save themselves and their country. Book 1 of Chronicles of the Kings.

These books hold your interest, gather your imagination to the forefront and then brings you to reading the actual story in the Bible.
I am so impressed with the accuracy in her writing, truly a talent. She has brought these stories to us through her thought s and ideas but I feel she was really inspired in her writing.
I am a fan from the very beginning. Having read some of her other books, I find the Gods and Kings to be one best yet and there are so many more to go.
In my humble opinion, if you like good clean books to read with intrigue, love, hate, terror, sweetness and reality, get her books. You will not be sorry. I read them at night when all is quiet and I can really get into the story, then next thing I know it is well past midnight. So very glad I got this series and this is one that I will read and re-read again.
Love the story and the talent of this lovely author, Lynn Austin.  
     (Also I just want rant for a few minuets about what a FANTASTIC author Lynn Austin is, I've read 10 of her books and loved every single one of them ❤ and yeah she's one of my favorite authors)
Purchase Gods and Kings
______
MYSTERY


Deception
By Randy Alcorn




“Messin’ with me’s like wearin’ cheese underwear down rat alley.”
-Ollie Chandler
Homicide detective Ollie Chandler has seen it all. Done more than he cares to admit. But when he’s called to investigate the murder of a Portland State University professor, he finds himself going places he’s never gone before. 

Places he never wanted to go.
Because all the evidence is pointing to one horrific conclusion: The murderer is someone in his own department. That’s not the worst of it, though. Ollie has nagging doubts…about himself. Where was he during the time of the murder? 

Joined by journalist Clarence Abernathy and their friend Jake Woods, Ollie pushes the investigation forward. Soon all three are drawn deep into corruption and political tensions that threaten to destroy them–and anyone who tries to help. But they’re in too deep to quit. They’ve got no choice. They have to follow the evidence to the truth… 

No matter how ugly–or dangerous–it gets.

A gripping story of murder and spiritual struggle, Deception proves, as never before, the truth of Ollie’s first law: “Things are often not what they appear.” 



So I'm not a huge mystery book fan, but my stars!!!
First off, if you haven't read Randy Alcorn's other two books Deadline and Dominion, you just need to go and buy them right now. Go ahead, I'll wait.....I'm serious. His books are so good that they will make every other book you read seem bad, honestly. Deception's main character is Detective Ollie Chandler. He was a minor major character in the above mentioned books, but we get to know him so much better in the pages of this book. Ollie is a son of a gun, no frills, let's fry the bad guys, Jack Bauer and Chuck Norris worshipping kinda guy. Alcorn makes Chandler instantly likeable, and molds his character like someone out of a 30's detective novel. Clarence Abernathy (main character of Dominion) and Jake Woods (main character of Deadline) both make appearances in Deception. They added some very deep, soul-searching dialog to match our loveable homicide detective's cynical and dark thoughts on life. Alcorn does not handle the problem of evil and living in a broken world with kid's gloves in this novel. Ollie is on the forefront of a lot of bad stuff, thus his very cynical look on life and God. He just can't believe there's a God while so much evil goes unchecked. What ensues through the novel is Ollie's journey through a very complicated murder, always delving for new clues and always not sure who he can trust. Alcorn is a master wordsmith, and his mastering of the 1930's detective novels is suberb. This book is a must have for mystery lovers and people who just love a good book. 

______________________________________________
Announcement!!!!

So the other day I was trying to come up with a fun monthly post on my blog the first one being that I could write a short story      ( but I quickly threw that idea out the proverbial window...   because while I LOVE writting, I have a hard time finishing the stories I come up with. I seriously have 3 notebooks filled with stories that don't have endings. Sad but true )   ANYWAY next idea.. hmmm what should I do???? *gasps in excitement, that's it !!! ferb I know what we're going to do today*
Yeah I know I get Distracted easily ... OK so here is what I'm going to do ...
Every 2nd Friday of the month I'm going to pick and author and write a blog post about Him/Her .
Or pick out several books from A particular genera  In time
|Medival | Civil war| Revolutionary War| take your pick.
Do how does that sound??
Are you excited about it???
I know I am!!

If you have a specific author or time period that you would like me to write about leave your suggestions in a comment below!!! 

Thanks for reading,
May the peace of God be with you all!
-Janelle

4 comments:

  1. Janelle I love your post! It looks like you have been busy. How do you do it reading all those books in one mouth? I am not sure I could do that. I am just so busy I don't have much time to read other then in school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha well it's called speed reading. I read really fast...😊😊

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a message. It really means a lot to me! I’ll try and respond to each and every on of them.

Instagram