11.26.2017

Thanksgiving 2017



A little fact that you may not know about me is that I come from a large family. Both my parents have 10 siblings, which means I have oodles and oodles of cousins. And I know them All!! I'm so blessed to come from a close knit family. 
We usually spend thanksgiving with my mom's side of the family (side note there are 76 grandchildren on my Mom's side)  yeah you get the picture. Noise. Laughter. Lots of laughter. Singing.
It's especially hard over the holidays because  a few of the uncles live quite a distance away and usually don't make it to grandpas. And they are always missed. But still we have quite the time together ❤

We don't really have very many traditions. Obviously we get together and have a huge lunch on thanksgiving and stuff ourselves with wayyyy to much turkey and pie. ( At least in my case) 

On black Friday some of us more adventurous  cousins get up super early, I mean like HOURS before the sun rises,  and go black Friday shopping *yes I am one of the ' adventures' ones.  

This year 8 of us  went at 4:30 A.M and hit the Stores.... honestly I didn't begin to function till I had a LARGE Carmel Macchiato in my hands.. Hahaha. I'm honestly not much of a moring person at ALL. Seriously ask anyone who knows me and they will confirm it...... 
So you know the phrase Shop Till You Drop... Well yeah this year I really experienced that.. after loading our arms with cool looking bags from quite a few different stores... like HOBBY LOBBY!!!! Freaking love that store 😁😁😍😍😍 hahaha. Our last stop was Kholes (which I love) I've been Black Friday shopping quite a few times but oh my stars!!! I have never seen a line quite like this.. mind you I come from a smallish town where you don't really encounter 'long' lines. But that was not the case here as I found  there were three lines to check out and ALL OF THEM started at the back of the store..... honestly we stood in line for like 2 hours and I know that's not realllyyyyy long but when your feet hurt and you've only gotten 4 hours of sleep the night before it feels like eternity... BUT I made it through and you know what, it was really fun cause us cousins hung out and had a party... I'm pretty sure that people thought we were a bit strange though.  
So thanksgiving ended and every one has scattered to their respected homes, time may pass, people change and, loved ones die. But one thing we will always have is our memory, so that when we are old and gray we can look back on times  like these. Our eyes light up and perhaps for a moment we will relive those yesterday memories of love and laughter and family. 

12 BIBLE VERSES  ON BEING THANKFUL

"Enter his gates  with thanksgiving and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name! For the LORD is good;  his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations."
-psalms 100:4-5

2. “I will offer to you the sacrifice of thanksgiving and call on the name of the Lord.” Psalm 116:17
3. “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.” Philippians 4:6

4. “Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
5. “Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise!” Psalm 95:2
6. “I will give to the Lord the thanks due to his righteousness, and I will sing praise to the name of the Lord, the Most High.” Psalm 7:17
7. “For long ago in the days of David and Asaph there were directors of the singers, and there were songs of praise and thanksgiving to God.” Nehemiah 12:46

8. “The one who offers thanksgiving as his sacrifice glorifies me; to one who orders his way rightly I will show the salvation of God!” Psalm 50:23
9. “…giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ…” Ephesians 5:20
10. “Blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might be to our God forever and ever! Amen.” Revelation 7:12
11. “Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever!” 1 Chronicles 16:34
12. “And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.” Colossians 3:15

What are you most thankful for, and what’s your favorite verse or quote on being thankful? Leave a comment below!


W H A T   I   A M  T H A N K F U L   F O R 
(Often I tend to rush through my everyday life and not stop and smell the roses, enjoy the little moments in life, catch the sunbeams if you will. So today, a day where we reflect and give thanks I would like to state a few things small and large that I am thankful to God for)


● my Family
● A God who will never give up on me 
● warm hoodies 
● caramel macchiatos
● Starbucks
● cousins 
● friends who laugh with me
● books *duh*
● curling up by the fire on a cold winter night
● snowy days
● Saturdays 
● living in a free Country 
● having a cool aunt that goes to For King and Country concerts with me *guysss the excitement was real*
● laughter
● the kindness of a stranger 
● rainy days 
● trips with cool people 
● growing up in a Christian home 










I'm Thankful for many things, but mostly G O D  without Him I'd have nothing else to be thankful for. 

//Your ever faithful Bookworm//

3 comments:

Thank you for taking time to leave me a message. It really means a lot to me! I’ll try and respond to each and every on of them.

Instagram