2.28.2018

{besties}




1

friend

noun\ ˈfrend \


a
 one attached to another by affection or esteem. 

  • She's my best friend



Okay i know this sounds kind of cliche. but recently I've been thinking about what it means to be a true friend.  what kind of friend do i want to be? 
I used to think that friends were for life. That no matter what you would ALWAYS be there for eachother. Because you were ‘best friends’  that ment you relationship would never change. (I realize now how unrealistic that view really is)
And then one of my close friends and I drifted apart. She had moved on to  another phase of life, one that I couldn’t identify with and suddenly the bond between us was gone.
It took me a couple of years to realize that that is kind of what friendship is. God places people in your life for certain seasons. There is a purpose and time for everything. If my friend and I wouldn’t  have  drifted apart, then I would have never gotten to know one of my (now) really good friends. That lack of friendship forced me to step out of my comefort zone and find another friend.
And now looking back I wouldn’t trade all the 14 year old tears I cried to have that one friend back (I still love her and have a great friendship with her) but I probably  never would have gotten to know my other friend.

I used to think that friendships were easy. That you would always get along perfectly. That percent Anne & Dianna kindred spiritness...always

but that's not  L I F E.
Friendships are not that easy to keep. they are hard. 
But all relationships that you value  need work. They need effort 
Often I find myself thinking “wouldn’t it be nice of my friend liked this” or “wow I wish she would like to do that.”
Honestly my best friend (in picture above) and I are really opposites.
She loves playing sports and and algebra. Me. *shudders at the sound of that word*
While I would much rather sit and talk, or go do some fun “girl” thing.
But what kind of a friendship would that be if WE ALL LIKED TO DO THE SAME THINGS?
A healthy friendship needs some verity. You need spice. Differences. See If you and your friend were exactly alike, then you would probably have the same faults.

FRIENDS SHOULD BE DIFFERENT FROM YOU.
THEY SHOULD THINK DIFFERENTLY .
ACT DIFFERENT.
YOU WANT FRIENDS WHO WILL CHALANGE YOU,
 DISAGREE WITH YOU AND ULTIMATELY STRENGTHEN YOU.

Honestly it’s hard to keep a healthy friendship. So often there are problems and misunderstandings that lead to hurt feelings. But my thing is. Jesus knew that Judas would ultimately betray him but still he showed him unimaginable love & grace. His love was so perfect that nothing, not even betrayal  would cause him to turn his back on him.
How beautifull is that!!

 I want to be a friend who is Life giving.
I want to encourage them when they are having a rough day.
I want them to know that I treasure their friendship.
I want to laugh with them, and cry with them.
I want them to know That i belive in them, and support their dream.
I want to show the spirit of Jesus in our friendship.

I want to do this, Because this is what I want all of my friends to show me.

FIVE BIBLE VERSES ABOUT FRIENDSHIP
  1. Proverbs 27:9
  2. 1 Corinthians 13
  3.  Proverbs 18:24
  4.  Proverbs 17:17
  5. John 15:13 


So be thankful for your friends. Treasure them. And appreciate who they are.

Thanks for sticking with me. I hope that my rambling made some sense, I’m not an anyways trying to be a philosopher, i just wanted to share what was on my heart :)


WHAT ARE SOME THINGS THAT YOU TREASURE ABOUT YOUR FRIENDSHIPS? DO YOU FIND IT HARD TO MAINTAIN A GOOD RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR LONG DISTANCE FRIENDS + WHAT IS A FAV FRIENDSHIP BIBLE VERSE OF YOURS.



8 comments:

  1. Well she has always been like a comfort to me when I am down. And even when we don't see each other all time we still talk on the phone we both like books! And that is one thing we have in common. Janelle that is you! Thanks for being a great firend!😊 Infct you are my only firend besides Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! I think sometimes we have unrealistic expectations for friendships, but sometimes friends drift apart... and that's ok cos there will always be new friends :) Thank you for sharing Janelle! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks girl! I’m glad that you liked it :)
      ALSO SO TRUE!

      Delete
  3. What you said is so true! My fav Bible verse about friends is Proverbs 17:17. I treasure the time I spend with my friends, the laughs we have, the jokes we make, but also the serious times, when we helped each other out with stuff. Friends are the BEST! I am so glad God gave us friends, it would get so lonely without them..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that verse too :)
      And Yes FRIENDS ARE REALLY WONDERFUL !!

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a message. It really means a lot to me! I’ll try and respond to each and every on of them.

Instagram