1.27.2018

The one where I talk about My Favorite Childhood Author ||part one |||




First off I am back from Africa.
And yes i have a post about my trip that I have yet to finish hopefully soon.


L E T' S  R E W I N D  T H E  C L O C K  A 
B I T  S H A L L  W E 

Ok guysss so ever since I was like ten I scribbled stories in my little blue notebook/whatever form of paper was available.
My friend and I used to spend HOURS *no I'm not exaggerating*  writting fan fiction for a blog I'm sure some of you are familer with and if not you should be.. because this Author is really fantastic and her books are SO GOOD *11 year old me becoming slightly obsessed with the characters*  (who am i kidding, 18 year old me is still obsesssed with the characters)


Perhaps you're wondering who the person is that I'm going all fan girl on... if you haven't guessed already it's none other than the talented *drum roll please* SUSAN K MARLOW!!!  And of course the blog which i am refering to is Andi Carter's blog 😁😁

Ughh Where do I even begine????? Like WHATTT... please tell me that you guys know what I mean right!!!

The Circle C books were read cover to cover in our home until they were literally falling apart.... I remember my sister asking me at night to make up "Andi" stories... And uhh yeah that I did. Wild and crazy ones at that. I was most defiantly NOT lacking in the imagination department.

T H I N G S  F A I L U R E  T A U G H T   M E


But they Mrs M. Did a really cool thing and announced that she would be hosting a Story writting contest *cue confette* also me freaking out.
  of course I entered, scribbled together a story, and promptly lost. (Which looking back I see why. My story was just plain terible) *cough cough* (also wonders where said story could have gone...)

She hosted it a second year and I entered again... this time I spent quite a lot of time on my plot and editing (since the previous last 9 months or so had been writing stories) I was pretty confident that I would win a place... But once again I lost.
 You know how I mentioned that I had spent several weeks er months writing and editing my story for the contest, well I convinced my friend to enter the contest the NIGHT BEFORE it closed. She spent an hour or two Tops on  her Story, sent it in and WON First place!
I was legit shocked.
First that she won, and second that it was first place.

Hahaha  don't get me wrong I was super happy that She won the contest. I mean like that my best friends story in a legit book! How awesome is that! 

Although I did help her out with figuring out the plot so I  should  get some credit for that right ?? 🙊😉😁

Anyways fast forward to a year later... once again she hosts her contest and once again I enter it.. thinking you know *third times a charm right*  and guess what it was. Finally after 2 years of not placing I won First Place.
(How I felt)

Needless to say I was ecstatic. I still remember the moment when I opened my email and saw. I think I had to pick my jaw off the ground afterward.

C O U R A G E

Perhaps you have heard the quote that goes something like no good thing comes easy. 

Time, effort, thought must be put into everything that you do for it to become it's potential.

I think Winston Churchill Explanes it quite well.
Success is not finale.
Failure is not fatal.
It's the  courage to continue that counts.

Honestly I'm thankful that I didn't give up and quite after the first two times. Because what I came to realize it that, not only was my writting improving, but also something called perseverance. That no matter what obsticals i may face in life, old fashioned grit and determination can get you pretty far. 
Of course none of that would be worth anything if not for Christ and his redeeming love. For no matter how many times I fail. He is always there. I learned that like this story contest sometimes it takes a while for you to see the reward of all the effort you put into something.

He said "never will I leave you, never will I forsake you"
 Those words are so beautiful to me. Whatever I am going through God is in the midst. His love is surrounding. His grace is sufficient. His power is beyond all others.

T R U S T
Trust in his beautiful & flawless plan for you!

 This post is already wayyyyyyyyy longer than I originally planed so I think I'm going to share Mrs. Marlows books with you tomorrow :D



-Janelle



7 comments:

  1. Wow! Congratulations on first place. Oh by the way love your post! I am in the process of writing a book. It is call the Adventurers Of The Carter Family. It is a book I made to be like little house day. It is my first real book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks!

      Wow that's so exciting, writing is so much fun 😁😊😉

      Delete
    2. Yes, I love to write. See you tomorrow for gym.

      Delete
  2. I too LOVE all books by Susan K Marlow (even the 'little kid' books;-))!!! That is so cool that you won!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *clasp hands together* gahh I know her books are SO GOOD ❤

      Delete
  3. My heart skipped a beat when I read that this was to be the topic of this post! Reading these wonderful books is like a trip down memory lane...
    Thanks for getting me into them and giving me the set! They are so fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a message. It really means a lot to me! I’ll try and respond to each and every on of them.

Instagram