12.18.2018

12 days of Christmas ||Christmas  Recommendations for Bookworms   ||



                  





One of my New Years resolutions for last year was to READ 100 BOOKS, not just novels but some real informing and educating Books. Ones that would push me to think and become grounded in my Faith. 


And I did!!!!!


So.... I thought I would share some of those books with you guys. I know often it can be hard to find interesting books (or there are WAY to many books that you already want to read) I know I’ve felt like both of these before. BUT SRSLY books make the best Christmas Gifts for sure. So here they are in no particular order. (Also I know this isn’t a very Christmas-y post but I’m always on the hunt for good books to give as gift.) 


apologize in advance for the long ramble im about to go on. cause guyss books are my jammm.
  • Hidden Places By Lynn Austin is probably my favorite book she has written.. ughhh I’ve read this book at least 4 times (so much love) I honestly couldn’t put it down. This is a great book!!!!!!!!!!!! In a way that only Lynn Austin can, she waves a story full of secrets and hidden pasts, alternating between the past and the present.
The novel begins in 1931 when Eliza, a young widow is in desperate need of money and help to save her orchard. A homeless man, Gabe shows up injured and helps her in more ways than one.
Complete with an Aunt Batty,/Betsy, this novel is full of bits of humor and sorrow. I love how Lynn Austin gives an insight to Betsy, Eliza and Matthew by going back into their pasts.
The writing style is similar to All She Ever Wanted, which is another great book by Lynn Austin that I highly recommend!!!


  • The Story Girl By L.M.Montgomery.
You thought you could get away without me SHOUTING AT YOU TO BUY AT LEAST ONE OF L.M.MONTGOMERY'S BOOKS BUT YOU THOUGHT WRONG. okay if you've ever watched the show Road to Avonlea when you were a kid THIS is the book the show was based on. This book will take you back to the years of yesterday.

  • Day of War by Cliff Graham
 Cliff Graham vividly brings an Old Testament story to life with his first book of the "Lion of War" series. "Day of War" is a fantastic historical fiction revolving around some of the most incredible characters in ancient history. Graham directly attacks today's seemingly ubiquitous misconceptions about Bible stories. Many people would be surprised to find graphic, epic battles, murderous and corrupt villains, passionate love, and tragically flawed protagonists--all elements of great stories--in Biblical text. However, Graham reminds us of the adventure to be found in the Scripture, perhaps never more evident than in the stories of David and his warriors. (This is a great book that might be perfect for the brother who enjoys a good book now and then)


  • Uninvited By Lysa TerKeurst 
Lysa’s heart, oh my gosh, so precious and so sincere. It shines through in her writing. The first time I read this book I was in a season where I was feeling pretty good, yet still found so much joy in reading it. The second time I went back to this book I was in a place of really needing it. It’s for the rejected, the ones not wanted, the uninvited. During a time I was feeling really rejected, this book brought so much needed truth to my life. Any come on seriously, we have all felt like this at one point or another, no matter how big or how small. Please read it and let God come in and work on your heart.
  • The Hobbit by J.R.R.Tollien 
Tolkien's Hobbit takes the imagination on a wonderful flight of fantasy. I read this book on a yearly basis and each year I am delighted and captivated by the world of Bilbo Baggins. Bilbo is a reluctant member of an adventure that will forever change his life and the lives of those around him. He accompanies 13 dwarves on a mission to reclaim the gold and mountain kingdom of their ancestors from the dragon, Smaug. They have many adventures and mishaps on their journey to the lonely mountain including the climactic battle of five armies. Bilbo finds a magic ring along the way which leads, not only to a rise in his stature, but also to a new adventure for his friends in "The Lord of the Rings." Tolkien is a master storyteller and the depth of his skill is best seen in this tale. In the following trilogy, "The Lord of the Rings" the story is continued, but the sheer delight of "The Hobbit" is never fully recaptured.
This next one is mostly for the die hard history fans. I’ve always had a fascination for history just ask anyone in my family lolol

  • The Real Lincoln by Thomas J. DiLorenzo

Ahhh this book will make you think! It’s a brilliant view of the Civil War and a completely different point. Also let’s just get it out there that anyone who has studied the Civil War knows that it really wasn’t about slaves but states rights. If you want a book that will make you take a second look at what really went on during the War read this.

Have you read any of these books? If so what did you think of them? Also guysss it’s almost CHRISTMAS!!!!! *flails hands wildly* 

10 comments:

  1. GIRL! Me and you need to talk sometime! Thank you so much for saying the war was over states rights! Have you read The South was Right? It's so good, and doesn't just talk about the war! About half the book is about the colonial period. It's a culture/historical study and sooo good! I certainly don't want the fight to go on, but wouldn't it be nice if the truth would be accepted? The divide would be over!

    I'll have to look into The Story Girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh yesss.. history is a passion of mine.
      No I haven’t read that book I’ll have to check that out!!
      Thanks for the comment!!

      Delete
  2. Janelle! I lovee! Your post!😁 Yes, L.M.Montgomery is like so legit! I love her books! Especially Anne Of Green Gables. Hart eyes😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo much love for your bookish pics. *heart eyes* Great recs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of these but I'm going to have to check them out now, with all this flailing ;) I also love your pictures!! They're are so pretty!!!

    (P. S. You've been nominated for the Liebster Award! Check it out here: https://losingthebusyness.wordpress.com/2018/12/21/the-liebster-award-blogmas-2018-day-21/)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwww thank you!!
      i'll be sure to check out the nomination!

      Delete
  5. these books look fantastic! i'll be sure and check them out!
    ps. L.M.Montgomery is the best XD XD

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a message. It really means a lot to me! I’ll try and respond to each and every on of them.

Instagram