2.11.2018

Why do we go through pain



W H Y   P A I N ?

Pain is that gut wrenching feeling. Like you've just gotten your breath knocked out of you. 
I've felt that pain. Hurt of being left out.
 Of rejection. Of not being loved.
But here's the thing. Pain in all its teriblenes is necessary. Without pain we would not be able to grow. Pain strengthens you. It refines you, like gold. 
So often in life we think of pain in a negative way.
But I would like to say, pain is hard. It hurts. But without pain we wouldn't be us. I wouldnt be me, and you wouldnt be you.
We wouldnt have the strengths and understanding that we do while we are dealing with said pain in our life.
If we wouldn't have pain, it wouldn't be your life. It wouldnt be your story.
It wouldn't be you.




  • But now, this is what the Lord says— he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; (okay can we just stop for a second. God calls us redeemed. Amazing) I have summoned you by name; you are mine.  
  • When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.
  • Isaiah 43:1‭-‬2 NIV



When I read those verses it was as if God was taking directly to me. Saying don't worry. Dont you know that I have a plan for all of this. That I know all. And am all. Trust me . 


WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT PAIN + WHAT IS ONE OF YOUR FAVORITE BIBLE VERSES? 

8 comments:

  1. I Love your post Janelle! I Have had pain it is no fun. The pain I had was from losing a loved one. It is just like some one took all your joy away. It still hurts to think about sometimes. And one of my favorite verses in the Bible is Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation, in any other for there is non other Name under Heaven, given among men were by we must be .saved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post, Janelle! We can either see the pain in our lives as a reason to turn against God or to turn toward Him and find His everlasting peace. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely ADORE that passage from Isaiah. One of my favorite chapters. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! One good thing about pain that I often remind myself about is that it makes you appreciate the good times! I've been there and it's so true!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a message. It really means a lot to me! I’ll try and respond to each and every on of them.

Instagram