2.06.2018

JANUARY WRAP UP THING


Oh look you get a small sneak peek at my room πŸ˜‰ Not pictured is my overflowing bookshelf. Srly tho. Probably the cleanest my room has been in a while.

*shakes head how fast January went by like legit insane how fast time goes by. And yet day to day can seem like forever. *pauses for a moment to contemplate that* also Yes I do realize that this is technically February. BUT let's
 
 Okay I'm back.  Now where was I... ohhh (lightbulb emoji) that's right I was just about to give you all my top three January reads.  But first quick recap of the month.

J A N U A R Y  R E C A P

So wow what a way to start the year! As most of you know foe most of the month I have been in Africa, visiting a friend of mine. You can read my compete and full ramble about that HERE
But srly it was quite the experience for sure. I went with four of my cousins and guyyysss honestly the best people to go traveling with is. Your. Family.
We made so many memories during those three weeks. Family really is g o a l.

So really I have only been home in the States for a week. Trying to adjust to the eight hour time change.   Can we say jet lag much. Also thank you Jesus for c o f f e e.

(No words have ever been more true)

So now I'm trying to get back into the daily grind of life once more.

The weather has been dumping snow down upon us northerners. the other day it was 9° legit. Like what is this??

Me steps outside. "What is this? I can't even breathe. I think my nose has frozen shut."
Sibling. "Stop complaining Janelle, it's not even that cold.
(It was 15 below zero)

  So yes my heart is starting to long for those warm barefoot days. But I suppose I shall survive until then.

J A N U A R Y S  T O P  T H R E E  B O O K S

● THE FAULT IN OUR STARS
By John Green.


*Blows into tissue* just in case you've never read the book and only watched the movie. The. Book. Is. BETTER.
Though I'll give it to you that the movie is pretty legit. 
 Now that we've gotten that out of the way we can move on to the actual contents of the book. Which is legit amazing.  While this is not a 'christain' book it's just one of those stories that capture your heart and soul. 
Never heard of this book I'm going crazy over???? Click here to have that quickly Remedied
Favorite quotes from said book



And this one.⬇️



● Night Song
By Tricia Goyer


I can't sing loudly enough the praises I have for Tricia Goyer's Night Song. The characters are engaging and real, the scenery is vivid and the circumstances haunting. Though this is a historical romance, the reader can identify with the characters through strong and timeless emotions and circumstances. The character's responses to these situations are what lend a sense of reality and urgency to the page. Goyer gives no pat answers and offers no sermons, but instead lets the character walk through the dilemma and so take the reader with them on a journey that is both daunting and exhilarating

STARS FOR A LIGHT
BY GILBERT MORRIS


A female doctor in the 1860's? Great premise! The book met and exceded any expectations I had for such a premise. As Dr. Cheney Duvall and her nurse, Shiloh Irons, travel from New York to Seattle with Asa Mercer and his hundred belles, they face danger and disease, along with more common shipboard problems. I was so disappointed when I finished this book, simply because I didn't have the next book in the series (Shadow of the Mountains) along, so I had to wait to start it. Lynn and Gilbert Morris make a fantastic writing team. The plot is swift and intriguing. The characters are well fleshed-out and believeably, delightfully human. The dialogue is fun to read. All in all, this is a wonderfully well done book. Needless to say, not only do I love this book, but I love the others in the series that I have read so far. I definitely recommend this,
_____________________________________________________


T O P   T H R E E  S O N G S  O F  J A N U A R Y 

• LIVE IT WELL. BY SWITCHFOOT

 •AFRICA. By TOTO

• SWEET CAROLINE. BY Neil Diamond 






JANUARY MOVIE/TV SHOW FAVORITES 


So like after 3 years of waiting Psych the Movie came out. *distant screaming* And yesss it was so amazing. Just like tv shown. Which if you've never watched either I suggest that you do 😁 esp if you like comedy



Okay so this movie is awesome! I've seen it quite a few times now, but the other night I had a few friend over and watched it once again. So. Good.
Plus who doesn't like for king and country!?! I mean like that's crazy. Srly


Yesss  please. Ok so Reason number one (and belive me there are a lot of them) wht I love this show so much is because it's unlike any other cop show. Which you know can get a little  Monotonous. You know someone murders someone else and the good guys try and figure out who it was. Perhaps there may be some shooting and even some random car exploding, but in the end good prevails and the bad guy is put behind bars. the end of episode.
But NOT this show. In fact this show isn't about homicide at all. Far from it. It's all about the White Collar crimes. It's just really good. 
You can watch this on Netflix. Have fun binge watching 😁😁

WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE MOVIES+ HAVE YOU EVER SEEN ANY OF THESE??
_____________________________________________
B E S T  M O M E N T S  OF  J A N U A R Y 


I love collections of random pictures and times 😊 plus Polaroid are just plain awesome!


This picture was taken when we were on the Nile river. It was such a fun day. I mean like wow I was on the world's longest river! How cool is that?!


My Sarita. My kindred spirit. 
_____________________________________________


And last but certainly not least.. guys can we stop and talk about the Super bowl Sunday night. While I am not a huge football fan, I do have two younger brothers who are. So come Sunday night we all piled around the TV to cheer on of course the #eagles (lets just say that the patriots aren't held in very good esteem in our household) and even though we are sworn Steelers fans we'll settle for the eagles. Which was a pretty fantastic game and a great way to begin February.

DO YOU LIKE FOOTBALL?? IF SO WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE TEAM?
WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS FOR FEBRUARY?




14 comments:

  1. Not a real fan of football. Don't really get it. *shakes head in wonderment at why people like to,play a game where they get tackled so much* Mostly my plans are to do school, do all the normal stuff. Nothing real exciting. What about you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly how you feel! Football is not one of my favorite sports.

      My family is headed down south for the rest of the month. I have literally been counting down the days till we leaveπŸ˜‰

      Delete
    2. Glad I found someone who shares my view on football. Its so nice to meet folks who agree with you! It sounds like you will have a fun month!!

      Delete
  2. Me either! Love the post Janelle! Yes I can understand why it feels so cold for you. Probably because you were gone for a mouth. I just can't wait until summer.😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks!
      Yes I can't wait till summer *gets dreamy look in eyes at the thought of fresh, cool watermellon* 🌞

      Delete
  3. PS also I love your bed room!πŸ˜€

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much to love about this post!
    We too piled around the TV for Super Bowl and everyone was cheering and I was just like "they can't hear you. you're not helping". Let's just say I'm not an Eagles fan.... Though they played a good game. But I really don't know anything about football.
    And LOVE your room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha how did I guess your not an eagles fan:) :)
      And thank you my dear, I really like my room as well! It’s always fun to make it look different

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a message. It really means a lot to me! I’ll try and respond to each and every on of them.

Instagram