1.30.2018

the one where I talk about my favorite childhood author || PART TWO



T H E   C O N T I N U A T I O N 
As promised here is.....
P A R T  T W O ....
of yesterday's post!


C I R C L E   C   A D V E N T U R S 

Ok so for the first series I'm just going to give you a breef (ish) overview of the books



Andrea Carter and The Long Ride Home
||Discription||


Twelve-year-old “Andi” Carter attracts trouble the way her palomino horse, Taffy, attracts flies on a hot summer day. Lately, she can’t do anything right, from forgetting important chores to putting herself in danger with her brother Chad’s wild stallion. After a particularly scary incident where Andi gets in trouble once again, she wonders if her family would be better off without her. So she saddles up Taffy and leaves the Circle C ranch.
But her escape quickly leads to a frightening encounters with a horse thief and a vicious young lady. Turns out life on her own is downright terrifying! Home is where Andi belongs, but how can she go back without her beloved mare?
I remember reading this book for the first time and thinking. " wow this series is going to be amazing"  and of course they were.
 I'm not sure how long it took me to read them, but it was probably less than a week (Yes I read books wayyyyyy to fast, then when I go back and read them again I find things I never knew before) in someways that's cool cause its almost like reading the book for the first time AGAIN *Cough Cough*
Everything about this book is Fantastic!



●Andrea Carter And The Dangerous Desisions
||Description||


Everywhere twelve-year-old Andrea Carter goes, trouble seems to follow. Book 2 finds Andi nearly trampling her new teacher in a reckless, impromptu horse race down the main street of Fresno, California–not a good way to start the fall 1880 school term.
And that’s only the beginning. Andi is soon plunged deep into the middle of another life-threatening adventure. When an escaped prisoner forces his way into the schoolroom, Andi must make the hardest decision of her life. Should she deliberately walk into danger in order to save a tormenting, mean-spirited girl? Or is the price of the Golden Rule too high?
This book was AMAZING and also my second favorite out of the series. I probably could still quote things they said in the book! Yeah I know obsession.
BUT what a fantastic series to be obsessed with.

●Andrea Carter and The Family Secret
||Description||

Andrea Carter usually has no problem finding trouble. In her newest adventure, trouble some looking for her–and disrupts her carefree ranch life. Who is the half-dead man Andi and her friends find lying in the creek? Who is the travel-weary young woman with her three unruly children who suddenly show up on the ranch? Why has Andi never been told the secret her family has carefully kept hidden?
Angry and hurt at being left out, Andi saddles Taffy and sets out to find some answers–answers that turn her world upside down. How far must Andi go to rescue those she has come to love and whose lives depend on her protection?

This book. Awesome. There is such a cool twist to it!



● Andrea Carter and The San Francisco Smugglers

||Description||


When a winter flood submerges the streets of Fresno, the town has no choice but to close the school for repairs. Andi couldn’t be happier. She plans to spend her unexpected holiday out on the range with her palomino mare, Taffy. But Andi’s dreams are dashed when she’s sent to Miss Whitaker’s Academy for Young Ladies.
Andi doesn’t know how she’ll endure two months of city life until she meets her new roommate, the irrepressible Jenny Grant from the backwoods of Washington Territory. Andi also meets Lin Mei, a small, mistreated servant girl who works at the school. When Andi and Jenny discover a dreadful secret that endangers Lin Mei, they rush to her rescue, only to find themselves trapped in the dark alleys of San Francisco’s Chinatown. Can the girls outwit their captors and escape a terrible fate?

This was probably my least favorite of the books, not because it wasn't as good. It was quite fantastic.
The reason it wasn't my favorite was because Andi wasn't surrounded by her regular and well known and loved characters. (Plus I missed the arguments between Chad and Andi) *cough cough*

● Andrea Carter and The Trouble With Treasures.

||Description||

When innocent horseplay temporarily lands Andi and her friends in jail, they decide that a trip into the mountains will leave their troubles far behind. Accompanied by big brother Mitch and armed with a map showing old gold diggings, they can’t wait to strike it rich. What could be better than two weeks of camping and horseback riding?
But instead of gold they find heaps of trouble–trouble that leaves Mitch gravely injured. Andi needs help fast. But who can she trust? And what good is a bag of gold when her beloved brother lies near death in the middle of nowhere?
*Claps hands together gleefully*

F A V O R I T E  B O O K   E V E R 
Trouble with Treasures was the best in my opinion. The suspense. The out west. The excitement. Everything was perfect and completely captivating. So good :D (haha please exscues my slight fan girl ramblings)


●Andrea Carter and The Price of Truth
||Description||

Thirteen-year-old Andrea Carter wants to surprise her mother with the perfect birthday gift. But earning money for it proves harder than she expects. It takes time, but at last, one of Andi’s money-making ideas is working out . . . until the day she witnesses a back-alley crime that places a beloved citizen at the scene. A divided town and the suspect’s vengeful younger brother put pressure on Andi to admit she made a mistake.
When her horse, Taffy, disappears, Andi must reexamine her conscience and make a decision: Is the price of telling the truth worth losing Taffy forever?

*tears because this is the last book in the series* But MY STARS what a fantastic way to end the Circle C Books.  I won't say any more for fear that I migh give something away for those of you poor people who haven't read these books yet :D



T H E   S E C O N D S   S E R I E S 

Quite a few years after the last CC Adventure book had been published, Mrs. M announced to my (and lots of other ecstatic kids) joy and delight that she was writting a second Andi series called Circle C Milestones.



These 4 books were the perfect way to 'wrap up'  Andi's Childhood. They were perfect. And quite as interesting as the first six. Of course as always we all must have  favorite book and, mine would have to be the second one Heartbreak Trail. Guysss it was so very good. A regular Andi story filled with Adventure, family and good old fashioned grit. Srly if you've never read these books Please I beg of you do yourself a favor and buy them, right now........ I'm waiting. Ok maybe you don't have to buy them this very moment BUT, I highly suggest it. 



WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CIRCLE C MILESTONE BOOK? THE C C ADVENTURES? 


10 comments:

  1. Love your post Janelle! You are amazing! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trouble with Treasure and Courageous Love are my favs!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss Trouble with treasure is Amazing 😍 so good! I've read it so many times!

      I may or may not have mixed feelings about Courageous Love.. haha in my little girl heart I still think she should have ended up with Cory.. Yeah I know.. 🙊

      Delete
  3. I must agree with you, Trouble With Treasure is most definitely my favorite CC Adventure book! So good! It never gets old! My favorite part is when Jenny hits the guy over the head with a frying pan! lol
    I have only read one of the CC Milestones but plan to buy the rest. They look so good!
    Do you know if there is going to be another series?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you do. Trouble withTreasures is da best.
      And you also should really read the rest of the Milestone series they are so good.

      Idk if Mrs M will ever write another Andi series, but I hope she does 😁😉

      Delete
  4. I must agree with you, Trouble With Treasure is most definitely my favorite CC Adventure book! So good! It never gets old! My favorite part is when Jenny hits the guy over the head with a frying pan! lol
    I have only read one of the CC Milestones but plan to buy the rest. They look so good!
    Do you know if there is going to be another series?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite CCA is either Long Ride Home or Trouble with Treasure. My favorite CCM is Last Ride but I also love
    Courageous Love. I have a REALLY hard time picking favorites. I agree about what you said about San Francisco Smugglers. I felt that way too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! They are all so good it's quite hard to chose which one I like best!

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a message. It really means a lot to me! I’ll try and respond to each and every on of them.

Instagram