4.15.2018

My Random thoughts about Instagram 



I took a week break from Instagram.
Today I signed back in and scrolled through the 7 days of posts and pictures.
I didn’t really think about it till after I closed my app & finished getting ready for the day. But here’s the thing, later I found myself thinking “wow my pics really aren’t that great.... I really should try and take better pictures” and I wish I had more followers.........
honestly it was kind of an oppressive feeling & I was like Whoa where is that coming from? The fear. The insecurity.
WHY??
Why am I feeling this way?
Why do I feel the need to try and be like others? Why wouldn’t I want to be myself.
Why do I give into that feeling of fear?
 Why do I let that rule my life?
Being afraid is a trap. Listen to what God has to say about that


It’s easy to say I don’t  but so much harder to actually live out those words. To say when that feeling of I’m not good enough comes whispering in your ear NO WAY. Not this time. & you proclaim the power of God over your life & thoughts. Because either we walk in the peace and security of Jesus or we live a fearful insecure life that is ruled by satan. & I know that lots people have talked about some of the same things I’m saying rn and probably do a much better job at it BUT here’s the thing, I don’t care. I’m not trying to sound a certain way or be a certain thing. These are my thoughts. The thoughts of a 18 year old rambler.
I’ve come to the  conclusion  that Instagram ( social media ) is not going to rule my life. I want to live an abundant life & fear has no place in that life!! It’s a journey. Every day is a struggle but thankfully I serve a patient and loving Father.
  I chose to live with JoY.
ps. This post went wayyyy off what I was originally going to say but I hope you were able to follow along w my ramblings. xxxx
HONEST THOUGHTS??? HAVE YOU STRUGGLED W SOCIAL MEDIA INSECURITIES??? + WHAT DID YOU DO THIS SUNDAY??

7 comments:

  1. Love this. <3 Here's to living fearless! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! Be yourself, dont let anyone else change you. You should go check this post out on geoturtle it is a lot like what you just said. http://geoturtle.com/say-no/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girl thanks!!
      Your words are TRUTH GIRL!!
      I’ll check that out thanks 😝

      Delete
  3. Janelle great post! So true.❤ I go through the same problems but God is bigger and greater then any fear we ever went through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes God is so much stronger than our worst fears!

      Delete
  4. Omg I feel the same💕🙈
    Fantastic post

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a message. It really means a lot to me! I’ll try and respond to each and every on of them.

Instagram