10.06.2017

Goodbye Summer Hello Fall



 I'm so glad that I live in                                 a world where there are Octobers.                               -Anne of Green Gables 


Guyssss Its OCTOBER!!! And here in the North that means.........
|Chai Lattees |fuzzy sweaters|Crisp Air| Apple Cider| Rainy days| Books|

I think it might be safe to say that Fall is probably one of My favorite Seasons..
Although I can never quite make up my mind which I like best summer or Fall. Its an ongoing battle.
I absolutely love waking up on cold chilly mornings, in warm fuzzy Pajamas. grabbing a cup of coffee and my bible and having a few quiet moments to myself before the day begins. The crisp clean invigorating sent of Fall always makes me feel so happy to be alive( Just like Anne said in the quote above)
So In honor of autumn officially starting (for me that is, since we've had Extremity warm whether for this time of year) I thought that I would share a few of my favorite fall outfits with you. *Gulps nervously since this woman doesn't feel like she knows that much about fashion*
Honestly tho I'm not trying to share fashion tips.(like at all) I just thought that I would show you what fall outfits I like. Also I had a lot of fun coming up with them;)
 _________________________________________________________________________________

OUTFIT #1                                       
 

●Denim Jacket
●Gilmore girls & Coffee Tee

●Brown boots

This top is one of my Favorites to wear. Its comfy but yet gives a put together look:) pair it with you're favorite skirt or jeans and tada an insta worthy outfit.  (I hope)

       










  OUTFIT #2

●But First Coffee bill cap

●Fake denim button down shirt

●Gray Tee

●Mustard yellow skirt

●Gray Flats




         







      OUTFIT#3

●White Knit Sweater

●Blush cardigan

●Denim Skirt

● Dark Gray Clutch

●Brown Boots

                
OUTFIT #4




●Denim Jacket

●Black and White striped Dress

●Leather  Sandles

●Dark Brown Urban Southern Tote
(Which BTW are AMAZING) If you are looking for a bag that Can go anywhere and everywhere with you and  look fashionable..... please Check out their website! And Its all Leather!*Dances with joy*
 Urban Southern

And that is all the fall wear I have for you today. What are some of your favorite fall clothes and styles that you look forward to wearing?

_________________________________________________________________________________

Now on to my favorite part of this post BOOKS *jumping ecstatically around the room *




Emily of New Moon 
by L.M.Montgumery


Emily Starr never knew what it was to be lonely -- until her beloved father died. Now Emily's an orphan, and her mother's snobbish relatives are taking her to live with them at New Moon Farm. She's sure she won't be happy Emily deals with stiff, stern Aunt Elizabeth and her malicious classmates by holding her head high and using her quick wit. Things begin to change when she makes friends: with Teddy, who does marvelous drawings; with Perry, who's sailed all over the world with his father yet has never been to school; and above all, with Use, a tomboy with a blazing temper. Amazingly, Emily finds New Moon beautiful and fascinating. With new friends and adventures, Emily might someday think of herself as Emily of New Moon.

Quick warning I'm about to go all fan girl on y'all *insert full out happiness*
L.M.M will always be my favorite author of all times. Dont get me wrong, I adore other authors but there is something about her writings that draw me into the story. The way her characters interact and relate to each other is superb. When I read her books I feel like crying and laughing all within a matter of a few pages. And what I find completely astounding is that I don't cry or laugh because I feel for the  characters. I feel with them because everything that Anne or Emily go through are things that I struggle with and things that hurt me. L.M.M accomplish something that authors rarely ever grasp yet alone use it so incredibly well. She used everyday feelings, problems, emotions and drew them into her stories. Creating timeless writtings that have touched thousands of hearts and souls.
So [PLEASE] go and buy this book. I promise you that once you dive into her world, you will never be the same again.
_____________________________________________
Amy Carmichael 
[rescuer of the precious Gems]

From the back page

"Amy Carmichael stood on the deck of the steamer, waving good-bye once again to her old friend Robert Wilson. How could she have known she would never see him or the British Isles again? Amy was certain God had called her to India. Indeed! India would be home for the rest of her life. "

Amy's life was marked by a simple, determined obedience to God, regardless of circumstances. Her story and legacy are stunning reminders of the impact of one person who will fear God and nothing else.

Driven by love and compassion, and sustained by faith and determination, Amy Carmichael defied the cruel barriers of India's caste system. The story of this young woman from Northern Ireland is a brilliant, sparkling example of God's love generously poured out to "the least of these among us. 
She inspires me to strive for more of Christ and less of me. To lay down my wants and desires and stay instead "use me Lord to reach the broken and hurting of this world."


[Please take all of me Lord, that I may be wholly yours. Help me to hold loosely those things, even those blessings, that I have here, that I may be available for service to You at any time.]
- Amy Carmichael
_________________________________________________

Johnny Tremain
By Esther Forbes


Johnny Tremain, winner of the 1944 Newbery Medal, is one of the finest historical novels ever written for children. As compelling today as it was seventy years ago, to read this riveting novel is to live through the defining events leading up to the American Revolutionary War. Fourteen-year-old Johnny Tremain, an apprentice silversmith with a bright future ahead of him, injures his hand in a tragic accident, forcing him to look for other work. In his new job as a horse-boy, riding for the patriotic newspaper, The Boston Observer, and as a messenger for the Sons of Liberty, he encounters John Hancock, Samuel Adams, and Dr. Joseph Warren. Soon Johnny is involved in the pivotal events shaping the American Revolution from the Boston Tea Party to the first shots fired at Lexington. 

I first read this book as an assignment for school and have loved this story ever since. A must read in my opinion 



_________________________________________________

The Winds of Autumn
[By Janette Oak]

From the Back Cover


I don't know who was most excited that morning my two buddies and I hoisted packs on our backs and started down the trail. Just before we got out of view of our yard, I turned for one more wave. You woulda thought we were marchin' off to war the way Aunt Lou sobbed into her hankie.

But I reckon we were just growing up.

I'm sure havin' a time of it tryin' to sort out all these new feelings. Lately, my mind keeps slippin' to the new schoolteacher's daughter, Camellia. I could tell right away that Jack Berry was sweet on her, too. But I never coulda predicted the lengths he'd go to steal her affection...

I love this series by Janette Oak. And yes y'all I said series!! This is the second in four book series.  There is a sweet simplicity about her work that I admire and value. Especially in this series. It's set in the 1930s which is awesome!! So curl up in a cozy blanket on a rainy day with a warm cup of coffee or tea and, get lost this tale  about a young boy's struggles with faith, trust, love, hate, forgiveness and God's love and Grace. Life isn't always fair but God is there for us. We just need to trust Him. Strong characters and storyline.
_________________________________________________


And so with that I shall conclude this post and wish all of You a happy Fall.
-Janelle 

14 comments:

  1. Love those fall outfits! The second and third one are my favorites! I am looking forward to boots, scarves, flannel and plaid... [insert heart eyes] I have read all of those books execpt the last one. Which looks great and I think I shall buy it! ChristianBook has free shipping right now so will probably take advantage of that. Thanks again for a lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes my dear. You should just buy the whole series ;) or at least the first one 'Once upon a Summer' that way this book would make more sense
      The Featured book in this post is the second one 😊

      Delete
    2. Also idk if you are Familiar with the website Thriftbooks?? Honestly I just about buy all of my books from them!! They have such fantastic prices and you get FREE shipping if you spend 10 or more dollars 😊 yeahhh for some reason thats not to hard for me to do.... 😉😉

      Delete
  2. Janelle I love the outfits you picked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear!! 😉😉 it was a lot of fun picking them out👌

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Janelle I was wondering if you could help me out with a problem I am having. My pinterest site will not let me send messages with out sending a pin. Maybe you would know how to get it working.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janelle I just adore your blog!! and I LOVED ALL the fall outfits! I also read 'Wonderland Creek' and I really enjoyed it!! your AMAZING!!!!!!

    ~Karilee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a message. It really means a lot to me! I’ll try and respond to each and every on of them.

Instagram