10.22.2017

Last minute camping trip /learning patience



So you might be wondering what camping and patience have in comon. Well as you are soon to find out in my case they actually go hand in hand. 
But as I have come to realize life certainly isn't wonderful and fantastic ALL of the time, although it does have its moments. But there are also times if disappointment and sadness. Life is hard but in the end I wouldn't want to have it any other way. 
But I'm getting ahead of myself. 
Let me take you back to the beginning....
-
As I'm sure you can all imagine our joy and delight when out of the blue my uncle contacts my dad and asks if we want to go on a quick weekend camping trip with them. What could be more fun than getting to spend time with some of our favorite cousins!  Of course by this time all of us kids are exuberantly voicing our opinions (and yes they were all in favor of going camping) 
And since we have just become the proud new owners of a new RV *happy dance*  we thought why not, an adventure would be quite a grand way to  einjoy the last few days of sunny warm weather (aka 60 degrees) to finish off the autumn. Unbeknownst to us at the time we were in for an adventure but not the one we expected. Not even close. *dramatic music*
______________________________________________________
6:00 A.M.  Sunday morning
We all excitedly pile into  the RV ready for the 5 hour drive into the fall colored mountains of of Pennsylvania. Soon we are all asleep (or at least I was) let me tell you something. Sleep and I love eachother. We are in a committed relationship. Can i get an amen?!?! *thinks longingly of her warm soft bed at home which is currently many miles away *
 Okay back to the road trip...... 3 1/2 hours later and one stop at a winery to pick up fresh grape juice * yum yum*  we are on the last leg of the journey ........ or so we thought. I was conveniently sprawled across bed reading quite an interesting book which I shall have to introduce to you all on a later date, when suddenly I hear the sound of  tires rolling across the rumble strips. That was odd I thought, since we usuallydon't make random stops  besideside the road . unconcerned I went back to my reading only to hear my dad saying the the engine had suddenly turned off and wewouldnt turn on. Thankfully he was able to get to the side of the interstate without any accidents, (Thank God)  Hurriedly I made my way to the front of the RV to see what was going on..... to make a long story short after waiting for 6 hours stranded on the side of the highway road side assistance finally towed our brand new RV to the mechanics *distant sobing* we following in a borrowed  SUV that one of  my mom's relatives we able to bring to us, made our way to where they were hauling our large house on weels You can only imagine the disappointment that we were all going through at that moment, getting to spend a few days with some of our favorite cousins is something that we always look forward to. This is where the 'patient' part of the post comes in to play. I'm sure we are all familer with the  phrase all things work together for good, right. And I started thinkinng about the will of God. 

What is Gods will for me?
What does He call me to do?


Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; But above all these things put on [love], which is the bond of perfection. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful.
Colossians 3:12
God wants us to live a life of joy and happiness,  but I think we often mistake that for a life of leasure so when something goes wrong we turn to the blam toward  our Father. But that's where we are wrong. Where in the bible does God promise that our exsistance wpuld be an easy one??
Never! That's where, 1st Peter 1:6-7 says
 though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ,
NKJV

God lets us go through trials to test our faith,  that way we become refined, drawn Nearer to the one that saved our souls, filled with his power and love.
Imagine if the Great Missionaries like Hudson Taylor or, Amy Carmichael, or even George Muler had never went  through hard times where all they had to cling to was God.
 would their faith had suffered from that, never crying out to him when all you have is stripped away from you ??
Of course it would have.
When we don't have that utter and desperate need for a higher Power our very exsistances and reliance on God decreases.
Where as when we fall down and sorrow overtakes us, we call out to God for help.  And through that we are drawn closer to Jesus and our faith becomes all the more precious because we have felt the power of God in the Midst  of it.
And what it all comes down to is this.

Trust.

Just one word. Trust. Trust God that he knows best, without trust what is our faith? How can we have faith if we can not trust the one we are presumably relying on.
 So today open yourself up to God. He has a wonderful purpose for you!!  If we would only let Him in.  The road may not always be easy or smooth, but he promises that He will never leave or forsake us.
So let's throw caution, fear, whatever is holding you back to the wind. Rest in the perfect will of the one who gave up his very life to save us.

_
Conclusion

" In the end we ended up spending the night in our RV and going to the campground the next day, so it all worked out, maybe not the way we expected or even wanted but at least now we have a new story to tell...... right?!?!? (Although I'm not sure that I will enjoy this one as much)









[Cousins ]


Literally the cutest little human 
beingin the world🌍

Also this coffee mug is 👌

____________________________________________
I hope that you've enjoyed my ramble 😉 
Untill next time.

[Janelle]

2 comments:

  1. This is just so good! I've had similar experiences [such as a 5 hour wait at the dealership on our way to Family Days /: that was not fun!] and they can be very stressful! Thanks again for this amazing post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww my dear you are the kind :) also see note Family Days were Amazing

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a message. It really means a lot to me! I’ll try and respond to each and every on of them.

Instagram