9.29.2017

Drink Coffee & Do Good

Happy international COFFEE day!!! *claps hands together in delight* 
Shout out to all the other coffee lovers , this world would not be the same without all of us poor but superiorly happy  addicts. *sighs With satisfaction as I sip my starbucks macchiato*
Which reminds me.... 
What better to make on a fall day than a coffee beverage ??



The first step to making a homemade pumpkin spice latte is to make the 5-ingredient pumpkin spice syrup.  I made an enormous (quadruple) batch here, in order to have extra to share with some friends. *Ok fine, I drank it all myself... but it was So good *
  But you can make a smaller (much more reasonable) batch if you’d like.  :)
I make mine with less sugar than the original, but there’s still quite a bit in there.  So feel free to adjust if you’d like. 
There is quite a bit of real pumpkin puree in there, though, so cheers to that!
Once your syrup is ready, just combine it with some frothed milk (I use almond milk) and espresso (or strong coffee).  Stir them together…
…and then if you really feel like a treat, top it off with some whipped cream, caramel syrup and a sprinkle of cinnamon.  And then enjoy!
Cheers to fall!

PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE

Learn how to make homemade pumpkin spice lattes (and homemade pumpkin spice syrup/concentrate) with this simple recipe.

INGREDIENTS:

PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 shot (1.5 ounces or 3 tablespoons) espresso or strongly-brewed hot coffee
  • 1 shot (1.5 ounces or 3 tablespoons) pumpkin spice syrup (see below)
  • 6 ounces (3/4 cup) steamed milk, any kind
  • optional toppings: whiped cream or  caramel sauce, ground cinnamon

PUMPKIN SPICE SYRUP:

DIRECTIONS:

Use immediately, or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 1 week.
*There are all sorts of different options for sweeteners here.  You can either use all brown sugar (as stated in the recipe, which I think tastes most like the traditional coffee shop version).  Or you can replace the brown sugar with maple syrup, or experiment with other natural sweeteners.  And of course, you can always add more/less sweetener if desired.
Everyone has different sugar needs/preferences, so what works best for you. 





Now its your turn. Tell me, What are some of your favorite fall coffee drinks??๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘Œ

4 comments:

  1. Love the pictures!! Iced caramel macchiato is DA BEST. ๐Ÿ˜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right!! I dont even want to get any other kind of coffe because I love it so much ๐Ÿ˜‰ lol

      Delete
  2. So I saw this and thought, I should make that sometime. Well today I was in the mood, so I did. *so yummy*!!! Wov it. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha nd for the record, this is Sharla....๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜œ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a message. It really means a lot to me! I’ll try and respond to each and every on of them.

Instagram