6.07.2018

OH THOU VINTAGE SOUL





I’ve always wished I could have been born exactly 100 years ago in 1899 instead of 1999.
My heart has always longed to wear the pretty dresses & the hats. Don’t even get me started on how AMAZING the hats were.
So yes this might be a kind of strange post for those of you who don’t know what I mean, and that’s okay cause we’ve all got different dreams and wishes  BUT for those of you who do know what I mean welcome to the Ramblings post XD  I hope I make at least a little  bit of sense. 

I'm a dreamer of dreams 
The word Whimsical describes me in a nutshell 

my vintage soulness
  • My “style” is elegant/vintage/ If you look at my closet you will find mostly dresses (don’t get me wrong I loveee my T shirts & casual wear) but there’s something about putting on that dress that makes me feel elegant. haha I've been wearing summer dresses since march 
  • I love L.M.Montgomery. Her books for me are magical. They give you a glimps of childhood gone by, of love so pure and sweet, and of a time where things were more simple & uncomplicated. She captures the everyday moments & spins them into delightful tails
  • My favorite books are old book. Not even kidding I have like 10 books written in the early 1900 and dude there’re like da best.  Let’s just say novels were not the same back in the day cause honestly they are like some of the best books I’ve ever read. 
  • Also am i the only one who wishes that they could have lived in the time of C.S.Lewis, L.M.Montgomery, Frank Sinatra, Winston Churchill & all the other amazing and famous peope of the 1900s!!! 
And like legit guys this really isn't a rant about how i wish i could have lived 100 years ago.... I guess what im trying to say is that Embrace the person that God has made you to be, and if He made you to love the 'good old days' well than more power to you. But always remember that you are here in this time for a reason. never forget that!

So here’s to all you who are vintage at heart. stay the way you are. Read ALL the old books your heart desires, have boxes and boxes of records & closets full of beautiful dresses . XD

SO WHAT DID YOU THINK OF THIS POST? (srsly im dying to know) WHAT IS SOME VINTAGE THING THAT YOU ENJOY/LOVE + FAVORITE SINGER FROM THE 1900's 

10 comments:

  1. I love olden time things! Vintage! <3
    Have you ever watched Road to Avonlea? I think you would like it!
    Great post!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessss so much loveee for that show. I honestly grew up on Road to Avonlea 💕

      Delete
  2. Girl so true!❤ I love, love, love, vintage! I just love wearing old vintage dresses and hats. Oh! It just makes me want to live back in that time. I know what you mean dear. I would Love to live back in the day of Montgomery, Jantte Oak and all of the other famous writers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the post!! I like vintage things but actually I have always dreamed of living in the 1800s, like Laura Ingells and Andi Carter time. But I love dresses of the 1900s too..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess I love that time period As well XD
      Thanks for commenting

      Delete
  4. lovvveeeeee this so legit much!!!!!
    *high five* another vintage soul!!
    and also OLD BOOKS ARE AMAZING!!!!!!! srly the bestttt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet!!!
      And yess I adore old books

      Delete
  5. Oh Janelle! Yes to everything you just said! You literaly just described me. I have wished for so long to live in those exciting days [especially WW2] of victory gardens and war bonds! Or to move out west in a covered wagon. Or to scrimp and save in the depression. Like wouldn't it be fun to have tea parties and ice cream socials and take long walks in Avonlea? *all the heart eyes*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha we must be related XD
      Yes my over active imagination has at one time or another wondered what it would be like to live in that era ;) :)
      Thanksssss for the comment dear!!!!

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a message. It really means a lot to me! I’ll try and respond to each and every on of them.

Instagram