5.17.2018

KINDRED SPIRITS

Ive always been familiar with the term "Kindred spirits" as im sure most you have as well, but its only been more recently that I've actually began to think about what that phrase really means. 
kin·dred spir·it
ˈkindrid ˈspirit/
noun
plural noun: kindred spirits

There are moments in everyone's life I think when they realize what a kindred spirit is and how much we need them.& honestly NOTHING can take the place of them.

for me my kindred spirits are my cousins. 
 in case you haven't noticed I am very close with them. I practically do everything with them (and when i mean them i mean like 10 different cousins cause i come from a huge fam & have like 70 cousins. so when i say cousins i don't mean like 2 or three people) haha just want on such a long ramble but oh well....  
So heres the thing i used to think that you needed tonsssss of friends& stuff but throughout my teen years I've kind of learned that it doesn't matter how many or few friends you have. Honestly i would rather have JUST ONE real friend than lots of acquaintances.
cause that one real friend is your kindred Spirit. they get you. they are YOUR SOUL FRIENDS the ones you stay up into the wee hours of the morning talking about the most random things, they see you at your worst & still love you, 

What being A Kindred Spirits means to me.

 laughing with me & not being afraid to be weird or silly with me in public.

 Caring for you, going out of their way to make you feel loved or special.

•Praying with you! this is an important one for me. I have some wonderful memories of deep heartfelt prayers with them & honestly its one of the most beautiful

going on adventures with you.. (like to crazy places such as Africa) 

• sticking with you through the rough times. Obviously friendships aren't always perfect, we all go through rough patches & hard times. BUT a steadfast and true friend is there for the long haul. come rain or sun.

• being yourself. being able to say all the random and odd things that pop into your head


  there are SO many personality types in the world & i'm always amazed at how sometimes you and your pall are like legit total opposites  but there's this AMAZING bond between the two of you & like you see all these strengths that you may not have yourself, in your friend which is really cool. And im just like WOW God you are so amazing cause He knew that our friendship needed the different personalities to balance each other out & create a fantastic kindred spiritness. 

SO don't worry to much if you and your friend are opposites, its probably a good thing XD

So today i want to remember just how important and wonderful the people in my life are & what a blessing they are to me. Also i don't want to take for granted their friendships & the love & grace they have showed to me.

Thoughts on this topic?? How do you relate to your kindred spirit friends? Are you opposite or alike + favorite friendship song 


6 comments:

  1. Will I had many deffinet friends overthe years I will say yes, for the most part my friend's and I were almost like complete opposites. I had this friend her name was Erica, we were like friends since we were really little like 4 or something then when I was like 12 she moved then everything changed for me. I haven't hard from her in likes years. She was my only friend for a long time. Until just reaseuntly I found some new freinds You, Angela, and Julia. I prayed a long time after she moved that God would help me to get through this and that if He wentd me to have friends again He would. And Now I wouldn't tried you girls for the world. PS I almost forgot someone else Faith she is a really great friend as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post! Cousins make the greatest best friends forever!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh this post is fantastic!! I adore the phrase Kindred Spirits is so lovely ;)
    Greatttt post ;) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a message. It really means a lot to me! I’ll try and respond to each and every on of them.

Instagram