12.22.2017

12 Days of Christmas|| Words + Poem + Christmas







Me. Oh my STARS it's only 3 days till Christmas.

Me. Oh no I still have (redacted) gifts to get.


  • Me. Grabs car keys and proceeds to the mall. *cough cough* ,sadly I'm one of the 'last-minute-frantically-looking-for-gifts type of person.

Me.  Shout out to Amazon. SERIOUSLY you guys are awesome!!!!

H A P P I N E S S + M E R R Y

(My feelings towards the arivel of Christmas)


w o r d s 


I heard the bells on Christmas Day
Their old, familiar carols play,

and wild and sweet
The words repeat
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!
And thought how, as the day had come,
The belfries of all Christendom

Had rolled along
The unbroken song
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!
Till ringing, singing on its way,
The world revolved from night to day,

A voice, a chime,
A chant sublime
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!
Then from each black, accursed mouth
The cannon thundered in the South,

And with the sound
The carols drowned
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!
It was as if an earthquake rent
The hearth-stones of a continent,

And made forlorn
The households born
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!
And in despair I bowed my head;
"There is no peace on earth," I said;

"For hate is strong,
And mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!"
Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
"God is not dead, nor doth He sleep;

The Wrong shall fail,
The Right prevail,
With peace on earth, good-will to men."
By Henry Wordsworth Longfellow 



Happiest times are spent with a book in hand.
-Janelle

9 comments:

  1. Don't worry Janelle your not the only one that still has to get gifts. I do as well. That makes two of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last minute Christmas shopping... yes sounds like me too. And that's a beautiful poem/song too. It's easy to not pay attention to the words while you're singing it, so it was nice to just read the poem over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *nods head in agreement*
      I know! The words have such power and depth to them that i feel I often don't think about when I'm singing the song.
      Also Casting Crowns version of this song is 👌🏻😍

      Delete
  3. Haha, relatable! *still has one gift to grab*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how Casting Crowns sings this song;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha yes!! Also casting crowns version is wonderful 😊

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a message. It really means a lot to me! I’ll try and respond to each and every on of them.

Instagram