3.31.2018

Adios March 


Okay yes I do realize that Technically this is April and I am a few days late In posting this so please except my deepest apologies *gives sad look*


Little sibling "hey Janelle want to go build a snow man?"

Me "sure"

10 minuets later....

looks down at frozen hands "WHY"

Desided to build my own bed frame. THANK YOU PINTEREST;)

Also coffee dates w friends that you haven't seen in MONTHS (because were basically both world travelers )are awesome XD

On of my favorite shows returned this month 😊 like all the feels✌🏻

I got to hold my newest baby cousin one day after she was born!!!!! Also cutest babe EVER XD

Went to Panera Bread and ordered three drinks for myself. WHY DO THEY HAVE SUCH GOOOD DRINKS?!?!?!? 

I need to stop buying more books..... said no one EVER

Books I read 

Life of Pi  By Yann Martel 

Fiction

This book never let me down, I was never bored and I never felt the author cheated or left loose ends. The language was simple and lyrical but full of symbolism and symmetry. I loved the main character's honesty and optimism and his simple will to survive. Above all I loved the choice of an alternate ending, neither story is a perfect fit leaving the reader the choice to make up their own mind. I laughed, I cried and I'm recommending it to everyone I know.

______________________

The Blue Castle by L.M.Montgumery 

Fiction

I have found very few perfect books in my life, but this is one of them. "The Blue Castle" is not only L.M. Montgomery's best novel, it may be one of the most charming books ever written by anyone. As a long-time fan of the "Anne of Green Gables" series, I am always eager to read anything by Montgomery, but this one far exceeded my expectations. Never have I read anything like this sweet fairy tale of a novel. Valancy Stirling is an "old maid" who lives with an extremely oppressive mother, as part of a very prim-and-proper family. She's never done anything special or worthwhile, and she feels as though her spirit is stifled. So when she receives a letter from her doctor informing her that she has a fatal disease and will only live another year, she decides to throw caution to the winds and do what SHE wants to do for the first time in her life. She leaves her family, deciding to move in with Abel Gay --- not for his sake, but for the sake of Cecilia Gay, who is dying. As if that wasn't bad enough, in the process, she gets to know the notorious Barney Snaith, and she falls in love with him. When Cissy Gay dies, Valancy proposes marriage to this supposed criminal, and is denounced and shunned by her appalled family. The story of Valancy's marriage is calm and sweet, full of the nicest kind of romance. Hopeless romantics everywhere will adore this novel. It's clean, it's charming, and it has such a perfect brew of comedy and drama. This delightful tale made me laugh and cry numerous times. It's so brilliantly told, and so sweet in its romantic content. It's a story that immediately captured my heart and has since become a part of my soul. If you love classic romance, this is one you will enjoy. I rate this right up there with such brilliant works as "Pride and Prejudice."

______________________

Jane of Lantern Hill By L.M.Montgumery

Fiction

For me, this book represents more of an emotion than it does a plot. (Of course, this is based on my personal feelings and how touched I was in reading it. This is also not to say that there is no arcing plot -- as can happen say, particularly in Victorian literature -- but not so in this case.) Regardless, this book will forever represent JOY and PLEASURE and GLITTERY HAPPINESS

Jane and her mother live in a gloomy old mansion, where their lives are ruled by her ovebearing grandmother. For most of her life Jane has believed that her father is dead. Then, one dull April morning, a letter comes. Not only is her father alive and well, but he wants Jane to spend the summer with him on Prince Edward Island.

For a blissful summer she lives at her father's cottage on Lantern Hill, making friends, having adventures and discovering that life can be wonderful after all. And she dares to dream that there could be such a house where she, Mother and Father could live together without Grandmother's disapproval - a house that could be called home.

__________________________________



Leotas Garden by Francine Rivers 

Christian/ Fiction 

I haven't read a story this compelling in years. The young granddaughter that hasn't seen much of her aging grandmother due to an unfortunate communication problem, finds the joy and love she has missed from her own mother. Add some interesting friends and other family members, Leota (the grandmother) soon has more company than she bargained for; and is thoroughly enjoying herself, much to her mother's disdain! Annie hangs in there with Leota, defying her mother's "orders" and finds her own balance with God in her life. I read this book in two evenings. Very hard to put it down

I didn’t get as much reading done this month as I would have liked but the books that I did read were quite exceptional :) 



Thoughts

So March has been quite the month. I spent the first 8 days in Central America with my fam.. which was awesome!! We wlent snorkeling in the Caribbean & got to see some pretty fabulous hot springs. It was legit the BEST!!!

 Annddd then we came home to cold.....

haha yeah but now it April so we should (hopefully) be getting some warmer weather. Honestly can not wait to get out in my garden again *looks dreamily into the distance* anyways yeah so my March has been slightly crazy.. I’m graduating in June!! YESSSSS No more math.. L

Spent the weekend down in PA w some cousins :) we laughed & went to coffee shops & explored book stores.

Went camping ⛺️ my cousins phone fell in the water. Sleped in a hammock  with my other cousin and yes it was VERY uncomfortable... BUT we had a fantastic time together 😀😀 It was great & a perfect way to wrap up the month of March.

                                              

                                              

                               

WHAT FUN ADVENTURES  DID YOU HAVE THIS MONTH + LIKE WHO ELSE IS READY FOR SPRING. RANDOM THING THAT HAPPENED TO YOU. FAV BOOK YOU READ THIS MONTH   



Happy Easter ❤️ 




7 comments:

  1. Fav book I read this month was 'Light on the Mountain' its really good!! I am definitely ready for it to be spring, keeps going back and forth between winter and spring:/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HEY that book sounds interesting! I love learning about peoples favorite books :) It's always a fun way to become connected with new authors.
      YEESSS GIRL SPINGGGGGG! we have been having such cold weather at my place *wipes away tears* BUT I suppose i should enjoy the last few days of being able to wear warm & fuzzy sweaters..
      THANKS FOR THE COMMENT!!!

      Delete
  2. Oh i want to come to ur graduation! Thats so exciting... and when i graduate in 2 yrs i want you at mine too.
    Also, you need to come see me again so we can do lots of crazy pictures (like while being secret agents and spying on pple in the background) and toooonz of coffee at the coffee shop next door! And lets go camping, we like nvr really did that together.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GAHHHHHHHH YESSS SO MANY YESSES
      I will most defiantly come to your graduation & cheer you on like a crazy person :) :)
      ok so like YES TO EVERYTHING the you said.ESP the COFFEE & Camping by the RIVER

      Delete
  3. Great post Janelle! I agree on the math with you I just do not like it at all. One good thing that happened at end of the this month was my sister's birthday.🎂 And favorite book that I read this month is Once Upon A Summer.😍 I can't wait until my birthday on Saturday I am also really nervous because I will be 17 and getting ready to take my drivers test. I can say one thing that I am happy about is that before to long I will only have two years of school left. Yay!😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey yess I LOVE Once Upon a Summer ❤️ It’s a fav of mine :)
      Gahhh yess know the feels! Taking your road test can be so nerve wracking! But I’m sure that you’ll do great girl :D
      Also yess it’s cool when you realize that the time of studding is nearing a close (jk cause we allways need to study for something)
      Thanks for commenting 🙈

      Delete
  4. These books look so interesting!!! Haha 😆 can’t wait to read them XD
    Also sounds like you had quite the camping adventure

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a message. It really means a lot to me! I’ll try and respond to each and every on of them.

Instagram