7.06.2017

Favorite Books


Ok so,  you might be wondering what are some of my favorite books? Well I have endeavored to make a condensed list of them.  A very condensed list. Honestly it was probably one of the hardest dissensions that I have ever had to make in my life.  (Ok, fine maybe it wasn't the hardest BUT it was difficult.

Anyway lets start with what I  think is my favorite book.


  1. Rila of Inglesided by, L.M Montgomery.  Honestly everything by L.M.M is worth reading! But this is probably my favorite book that she wrote. This is the last book in the Anne of Green Gables series. (wipes away tears) Its about Anne's youngest daughter 'Rila' a happy carefree 15 year old.All that is on Rila's mind is the upcoming dance at the lighthouse, But her beautiful evening is spoiled when news comes that  England has declared war on Germany. Suddenly her world is thrown into a tumbled mess as her brothers leave for the far away trenches in France.  Rila is swept int a drama that tests her courage and leaves her changed forever.  BTW this book made me cry like a baby. Please READ IT!
2. Heartbreak Trail by Susan K. Marlow. This is the second book in the Circle C Milestones series and my favorite (Sorry all you Courageous Love fans)   Andi Carter cant believe her luck when her mother lets her go on a Cattle Drive with her brothers. Nothing. Nothing could be more exciting than spending her 15th birthday out on the open range. But when things start to go wrong Andi learns just how dangerous and grueling Cattle drives can be.

3.Angels Walking by Karen Kingsbury
When former national baseball star Tyler Ames suffers a career-ending injury, all he can think about is putting his life back together the way it was before. He has lost everyone he loves on his way to the big leagues. Then just when things seem to be turning around, Tyler hits rock bottom. Across the country, Tyler’s one true love Sami Dawson has moved on. 

A series of small miracles leads Tyler to a maintenance job at a retirement home and a friendship with Virginia Hutcheson, an old woman with Alzheimer’s who strangely might have the answers he so desperately seeks. 
I adore this book. Please go buy it and read it.

4. A Voice in the Wind by, Francine Rivers

OK  so you know when I said that Rila of Ingleside what my most favorite book..... Well scratch that, THIS is my most favorite book. :)
.Experiencing this incredibly wonderful book was life-changing. Each character is drawn with such pixel-perfect precision, that I saw them rising up off the pages. In Getting to know Hadassah, the pivotal character, I got to know myself better. My belief in God and his Son, my Savior Jesus Christ, was substantially deepened, and my Faith was strengthened.

The more vulnerable you allow yourself to be while thoughtfully reading this book, the spiritual growth you might attain will bring a sweet humility, and the desire to forgive others, as well as yourself.


5. Set Apart Femininity by Lesley Ludy.

Can I just say that this book inspired me to seek a  deeper walk with Jesus. First off, this isn't the traditional "love yourself for who you are" or "you are beautiful deep down inside book." This is so much more real. This book provides real answers and gets pretty deep. After reading this, I found such strength and insight that I had never thought of. I had always struggled with feeling "beautiful," but this book showed me that we were not born into beauty, we were born into sin. The only hope we have is reflecting the beauty of Christ; not the shallow, hollow, and meaningless beauty of the world. It's about being an individual and making Christ your everything. This book is very convicting and convincing. It's also pretty radical and will change the way you think about things.

6. A Light to My Path by, Lynn Austin 
LOVE LOVE LOVE......I have read all of Lynn Austins books and can say that they are (trys to think of a word awesome enough to describe her books) they are Amazing! Fabulous! You will not be able to put them down once you start. 
This is the third and last book in the Refiner's Fire series. Not that I love this book more than the others. they are all exceptional,its just this one touched me more than the others did. 
Now I read this book first, and loved it, But when I read the first two books, this one became all the more real and amazing to me.  
The unimaginable horror of slavery is brought to life through the experiences of Grady, a child sold into slavery by his own father, and Anna, another slave separated from her parents at a young age. The events leading up to and through the Civil War are vividly captured. But Grady and Anna's emotional pain and spiritual battles with forgiveness give this story its depth and power.
They book opened my eyes to some of the terrible  things the slaves had to go through. it is heartbreaking but beautiful as you see God bring forgiveness and peace to each of their lives. 


AND THAT dear readers are my 6 favorite books. (Even though i have like Wayyyy more than 6)

I hope that you enjoyed this post! Please feel free to comment below ⬇️⬇️
PS. You can find all these book on Amazon or Christian Books. 

8 comments:

  1. I have the first 2 books and love them! Rilla of Ingleside is definitely in my top 6 as well! It had me laughing, crying, and at the the edge of my seat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I want to read that Francine Rivers book! I have some of her others and love them 💗 Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Out of these books I have only read "Heartbreak Trail" and I really like it. I just love the Circle C books! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this list. I'll have to go buy some books now...;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a message. It really means a lot to me! I’ll try and respond to each and every on of them.

Instagram