7.11.2017

July Reads



OK first of all can you believe that its actually July ????? (shakes head in disbelief) And yes I do realize that its the 11th already BUT I thought I would go ahead and write about my July reads/goals.
1.The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Teens  by, Sean Covey 


I haven't started this book yet but I can not wait to read it! I mean couldn't we all be more Effective and productive people??? at least I know I can be! And the way I look at it is I want to fill my mind  with knowledge, and what better way to do that than by reading? :)


2. A Brush of Wings By, Karen Kingsbury


So I already read this book and oh my stars it was AMAZING. (As are all of her books)


Its the last book in her series 'Angeles Walking' guyysss  you know the feeling of when you come to the end of a book and you read really, really, (like a snail)  slow so the book will last longer. Well this is that kind of a book! Ok I'll stop gushing about it.... for now.
3. The Book of Romans (from the Bible)


I'm half ways through chapter 6 (of 16) Although I have read this book before its as if I'm reading it for the first time. Isn't our God Amazing!!!! I just want to stop for a moment and recognize his Awesome power and Love for US! I am so thankful for His peace and Joy! His love is as the oceans and his thoughts are as the sand. I want to encourage you today to give your worries , fear, stress and anxiety to God, He has so much love for you. Trust him. He knows exactly what you're going through. Let him speak to you. whisper "daughter trust me, I have a plan for you".  I promise you , it will be the best decision that you can make.   Anyway that was my little sermon for the day.
4. Mere Christianity by C.S.Lewis





What to say about this book????? Honestly I think I have underlined something on each page so far. (Smiles) This is a MUST READ. C.S.Lewis pored so much wisdom and depth into this book that it practically jumps out at you while you are reading.


*Side note*  Also his book The Screwtape Letters are just.......brilliant!    ( I will probably write a blog post about it in the near future)





And last but not (Defiantly) not least
5. The Hobbit by J.R.R.Tolkien 


SO I absolutely LOVE the Lord of the Rings books (and movies, especially Legolas. right?!?! Lol) Anyway I am about halfway through the book and of course J.R.R.Tolkien outdid himself.... again. As usual. This Book is genius and defiantly going on my favorite list of books. *sighs* i think all my books are on my 'favorite list'. Also it was really nice to be able to see where it all started and all of Bilbo's adventures.


Annnddd that is all of my reads for the month.


I would love to hear what you thought about this post, so please feel free to leave a comment below :)


Now if you will excuse me I have quite a few books to dive into.
Until next time,


Janelle 











New post Coming THIS Friday)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Thanks! I love the Hobbit and will defiantly check out the other books :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a message. It really means a lot to me! I’ll try and respond to each and every on of them.

Instagram